Monday, December 17, 2007

The Year in Review: 2007


I don't know if I can give a complete and accurate account of all we did in 2007. It seems like my short-term memory is getting shorter every year! Highlights were:


-Cory turned 9 in February

-Spring Break with the Wagner's & Bilby's in Iowa.

-Reading "The Tale of Desperaux" out loud for 2 hours on the way home from Iowa 'cuz the radio died.

-Cory's double-play the last game of baseball season.

-Emma's dance recital

-Denise & Eric's 10th Wedding anniversary in September.....and our week-end getaway to "The Shack" in Jugville, MI.

-Denise going to the MOPS convention in Orlando.

-Cory FINALLY getting to play center in football....and the picture of him with all the Rocket cheerleaders!

-Emma turned 8 in September.

-Cory starting 4th grade and Emma starting 3rd grade.

-Becoming "official" members of Searchlight Minstries.

-Moo getting trapped in the ice storm a few weeks ago. He came back totally encased in ice!

-Visiting Nana and Papa at the cabin this summer
-Going to Uncle Rich and Aunt Laurie's cabin on Lake Michigan and battling the killer waves.

-Both kids coming down with stomach flu the day before we were supposed to go camping at Mackinac. (We didn't go!)

-Denise and Eric performing in a number of skits as part of Searchlight's drama ministry team.

-Going to the Newsboys concert with Steve and Kara!

-Emma and Denise going to the Hannah Montana concert (I am so thankful that I did not have to go!)
-Eric auditioning for "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" at Civic Theatre and bumping into my old pal Scott Mellema!
-The Aluminum Overcast (see earlier post from August)

-Eric celebrating 18 years at GFS.
Well, that's it. My memory bank is officially depleted.
We hope everybody has a safe and blessed holiday!!
Love,
Eric, Denise, Cory & Emma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I got your Christmas card! Thanks so much for thinking of us. With the power of yours and the Bilby blogs, I too have decided to do one, now I can follow what's going on in everyones lives instead of a 5 minute oops I gave to go up front catch-up.