Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Meet the Bloggles!




Welcome to the Millhoupt Family Blog!

We have never done this before, so please bear with us as we adapt to bloglife! Right now we are just experimenting to see how this site works. More substantial -- and hopefully enjoyable-- postings to follow.

I suppose some introductions are in order. So here is our cast of characters, or dramatis personae, if you will. We are the Millhoupts. (FYI: The name "millhoupt" is derived from some German derivative of "foreman"!) I have traced my family back to the Civil War. My great-great-great uncle Earnest fought in some obscure skrimish that I had never heard of. He then moved to Ohio and there the trail grows cold. This particular branch of the grand Millhoupt tree is comprised of: Eric (dad), Denise (mom), Cory (male offspring), Emma (female offspring) and Barney (overpriced feline rescued from the Humane Society for Emma's sixth birthday). We reside in the humble burg of Jamestown, MI. I am 36, Denise is 34 and we have been married 9 years as of September 27. We both work at Gordon Food Service, which is the world's largest privately-owned food service distributor in the world!! I am a buyer in the National Chain Accounts department. Denise works in finance. Cory is 8 and in the 3rd grade. Emma is 7 and in 2nd grade. The kids attend Jamestown Elementary.

3 comments:

Beckyb said...

Hey from the Iowa Bloggles - Welcome to Bloggerland - I expect to see Favorite Photo Friday soon here!! I love the blog!! Now we get to see you everyday!!

Jan Bouma said...

Pretty cool! I can't wait to see all the great things you come up with to post. I'll be watching!

Love,
Mom

Connie said...

Way to go Dennis and Eric. It's great to "see you"! This blogging thing is a real joy! I have just recently joined the the blogging brigade. We could gets some tips from Becky and Sara--they rock at blogging. Now if we can just get Grandma of 6 to start one--what do you think the odds of that are? Probably about as much chance of that as there is of Aunt Sharon getting a computer :-} The challenge has been issued. Just a thought--if Papa of six starts blogging the blogging world will never be the same--he has mad comtuter skill--really! Go Porter. Anyway very nice blog.